Tech Startup Pitch Deck
Business Model SWOT, UVP / USPs / Niche
TG Problem Statement & Solution
MVP / POC
Company's Growth Potential
Pitch Deck Presentation
Opportunity for Investors
Present to: Investment banks, corporate finance firms, business brokers, M&A intermediaries
Objective of this Service:
A pitch deck tech startup is invariably created by an entrepreneur to showcase the viability of a business idea to a target audience mainly — potential investors. This is one of the first engagements an entrepreneur has with investors and the success of which takes the conversation forward.
What is a Pitch Deck?
It is a collection of slides or a PowerPoint Presentation that delineates the fundamentals of a business idea in brief. It is created to evince interest from investors or venture capitalists towards providing seed capital for a startup.
Most often the best tech startup pitch deck would consist of a recurring problem followed by a solution, the gist of the product or service on offer, financial projections, sales, and marketing strategy, and so on. The primary purpose of the pitch deck is to take the engagement to the next stage as funding for a startup usually occurs over multiple stages.
Essential Components of “Investor Pitch Deck” for a Tech Startup
Having understood the purpose of a tech startup pitch deck, let’s turn our attention to understanding critical components of the same, here it is:
- Problem & Solution: Most startups pitch a business idea that normally would be solving a recurring problem. The “solution” in most cases would be a product or service. The first set of slides has to showcase the problem and offer the associated solution that is going to be packaged as a product or service.
- Proof of Concept: This is to do with how the product is going to fair in real market conditions. The entrepreneur is expected to develop and market the prototypes of the product to know the traction for the product. Based on the initial results, the “proof of concept” gets established. In some cases, the entrepreneur does a soft launch to know the reception for the product. In such cases, the results are more verified and convincing from the investor’s point of view.
- Unique Value Proposition: The USP of the startup correlates how the product or service is different from the current “solutions” already in the market. Investors would be keen on knowing what makes your product stand out and how it has been able to push boundaries and unlock new opportunities in the existing market.
- Team Composition: From the investor’s point of view, they are always keen on knowing individuals they are entrusting their funds with. A pitch deck must always spell out critical positions in the tech startup along with their background and experience. An upfront approach by the startup in disclosing the team composition helps in building trust.
- Burn Rate: This is the rate at which the invested capital is going to be used up by the startup. Everyone is familiar with the fact that startups go through a phase of losses before turning green. An investor is always keen on knowing the rate at which funds are getting used up during this critical period. A pitch deck must be open about the requirements of the startup along with a realistic timeline when they envision turning cash positive.
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC): This is the cost incurred by the startup in acquiring a single customer. An investor is always keen on a startup that can keep its CAC as low as possible. A pitch deck needs to have slides where it spells out pointers that will allow the start-up to keep the CAC in control.
- Revenue Model: This is the most critical part of the pitch deck where the founders talk about how the start-up is going to turn their investment into profits. They should be able to talk about how their sales and marketing efforts will turn their validated business idea into a money-spinner. These set of slides will speak about a timeline in which the business will turn profitable. The sooner a business turns cash positive, the better are its chances to secure funding.
Why is DFX the best partner to develop a Tech Startup Pitch Deck?
As a leading startup pitch consultant, DFX has provided the best tech startup pitch deck services to a range of entrepreneurs in various tech businesses. We come with in-house experts who come with a wealth of knowledge and experience in helping startups make the best pitch decks. We at DFX come with an inherent understanding of the finer points of creating and developing a pitch deck so that it makes the best impression on the target audience. All in all, we improve the chances of a startup to secure funding by a large margin.
Investor Pitch Deck
- Industry problem Highlights (i.e. Problem Statement)
- Secondary research (Market size, customer segment, and other demographics)
- Explaining solution which is simple to understand and it can be correlated with problem.
- Solution in terms of product or service which is addressing the problem.
- Value proposition and highlighting key features.
- Competitive advantage – Quadrant axis map
- Other players in the market Segment of Competition
- Customer acquisition strategies
- Strategy differentiators
- Scope within the funding projection
- Team behind the project
- Important phases of your venture journey (past, present and future), which may also include details about Proof of concept, existing customer testimonials (if available), etc
- Describing the Company
- Opportunities and challenges
- Describing the products, moat and execution strategy
- SWOT analysis
- Describing the team, principles and culture
- Highlighting their relevant achievements in professional, educational, and social space
- Mention founders and core team – all important teams managing major functions in the company
- Competition & market share analysis,
- Volumes and margins growth,
- Profit & Loss statement, Cash Flow statement,
- ROCE, CAGR, EBIDTA
- Business Valuation Strategy
- Income Based (DCF Approach)
- Net Asset Based Approach (Income Tax v/s Market Depreciation Methods)
- Market Based (Recent Deals Comparison & Listed Deals Comparison)
- Investor rights and duties
- Terms of payment
- Details of ownership transfer
- Investor exit clause
- Agreement Termination clause
25 – 45 days.
Can I avail bank loan with this Tech Startup Pitch Deck?
Yes, you can approach investors with this Tech Startup Pitch Deck. You can also prepare your Business Plan based upon the Pitch Deck. If you need help to write your “Business Plan”, then refer our services related to “Business Plan” development.
Who shall be my advisor?
How do I make the payment?
Can I cancel after paying for the service?
Is this relevant to my country, city or location?
How can I avail this service?
Step 01 – Request for Quote
Step 02 – Service Quote Finalization along with SLA (Service Level Agreement)
Step 03 – DFX Experts start working on your business